The Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB) is a $3.2 billion subsidy to help Americans afford Internet service during the pandemic.
The program has launched on May 12, 2021. It will conclude when the fund is expended or six months after the end of the public health emergency.
Sano is authorized by the FCC as an EBB provider
Sano Connect is Sano's EBB service. Sano works with representatives who identify eligible recipients and help them apply for the subsidized service.
Sano Connect Overview
- Smartphone configured to enable easy access to apps and content chosen by our partners
- Unlimited mobile data, voice and text
- Device management and monitoring
- Customer support
Who is eligible for Sano Connect
- People receiving government subsidies (e.g. Medicaid)
- One per household (Household is defined as an economic unit. People in communal housing are each a household for this program)
- Lifeline recipients
Role of the Sano Connect representative
The Sano Health EBB representative is responsible for identifying and signing up eligible subscribers for the Sano Health FCC Emergency Broadband Benefit program.
Sano Connect is a product of Sano Health